This is the second day of the trial. It was another early morning and both of us were quite tired, but were able to make it through the day. Since Bailey had qualified (and titled!) the previous day in JWW, I could have moved him to the next level - Open. Instead, I opted to keep him in Novice just to have a fun run.
Course maps will be posted as soon as I get a chance to scan and upload them.
I'm glad I did, because we had quite a messy start on this run, which resulted in an NQ. I think Bailey also started hurting at some point during the weekend, so he was not nearly as enthusiastic as normal, even during warm-up.
Bailey knocked the bar on the second jump and then went off-course when he back-jumped #4. We NQ'ed. It didn't really matter though, since he titled in JWW the previous day. After the messy start, the rest of the run turned out OK though!
Again, we settled in for the long wait until the Novice Standard class. I started to get really nervous, because a Q in the Standard class would mean that he'd get his NA title this weekend too. The course looked pretty straightforward, with only a couple tricky spots. Nothing we haven't trained for and I knew we'd be able to handle it, so long as he didn't drop any bars or miss the table completely.
We were the very last pair to run in this ring and the entire ring crew was cheering, hooting, and hollering as we entered the ring. Everyone was watching us, waiting for the minute we cross the finish jump so they can pack up and head home.
SUCCESS! Bailey qualified, earned a perfect 100 score, and placed first with this run. I was especially proud of his perfect contacts and stellar table performance. He got a little distracted at the weaves, but thankfully weaves aren't faulted in in the novice class. He completed the course in 57.64 seconds (SCT was 69 seconds) and overall did a great job!
Bailey earned the third leg and his NA title! What a great end to the weekend, and just what I needed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment