Monday, March 29, 2010

Mattaponi Kennel Club Agility Trial - March 27, 2010

This is Bailey's Novice A Jumpers With Weaves (JWW) run from Saturday. Once I get a chance, I'll scan in and post the course maps. They are tiny, so I'm not sure how well it will work, but I'll definitely give it a try.



We qualified and placed third with this run. Bailey was quite distracted at the tunnel, and that cost us 7 points... 5 for the refusal and 2 for time faults, since he took such a nice, long detour. I also did a really ugly front cross at the end of the weaves. I should have just let him go and done a rear there. He completed the course in 40.09 seconds (SCT 38 seconds).

Either way, a Q is a Q!

Bailey earned his third leg and the NAJ title!

We had a long wait before the standard course, during which I hung out and watched the other competitors run with their dogs and spent some time chatting with my friends.

A little bit before our standard run, I took Bailey out of his crate with the treat pouch to warm him up and get him ready. Since treats aren't allowed in the ring, I had to dump off the treat pouch outside the ring somewhere before we ran. Stupidly, I brought Bailey with me, so he knew exactly where I put it. I got him in the ring, he went over the first two jumps, then excused himself to go find the treats. Oh well! Clearly no Q there! Lesson learned!

No comments: