Friday, May 2, 2008

CGC Obedience - Class 3

We had our third class for CGC Obedience with DGOTC last night. Overall, it went well. Bailey was much calmer than he usually is, and I think that has to do with exercising him immediately before class. Normally, I get home aorund 3:30 and take him out for 30ish minutes to play ball. By the time we have class at 7, he has had a nap and some time to recover from his exercise. He is normally a basket case who can't sit still for 5 minutes. Last night, I took him outside to play right after work for about 20 minutes, then again around 6 pm and played hard for about 20 minutes. He did a very good job being calmer and more laid back in class. He's getting good practice at stay under heavy distraction and we're getting a lot better at walking among crowds including dogs.

I took him to Petsmart after class to work on heeling with distractions and he did a pretty decent job. I also weigh him weekly when we stop off at Petsmart. He keeps losing weight (although very slowly) and is now around 57 lbs, so I upped his food to 1 cup at each meal. I hope he puts on a little bit of weight!

No comments: