Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Agility Foundation I - Class 2

Second class at ACA seemed a lot less hectic. We arrived and met as a group to discuss targeting. We already know how to target, so this was basically just a review for us. Then were divided up into three groups again to work the stations and rotate.

Our first station was the floor exercises (boards, buja board, ladder, etc). We tried to do the ladder backwards, but this was way too difficult for Bailey. They also had a much more wobbly buja board than normal and at first, Bailey was quite nervous about it. I kept him on it for a while and he learned that if he just sits smack in the middle of it, there isn't too much movement. Stinker! :-)

The second station was working on toy drive and bungee stays. Bailey has negative toy drive especially for anything other than his latex ball, so this is pretty hard for us. I have to figure out how to build some toy drive in him. He does pretty well with the stays and recalls though, courtesy of our obedience training.

The last station was the table and tire. We know the table better than pretty much anyone else in the group and Bailey already has a pretty quick down on the table. I think I should also teach him the command "Bench" for get up there and sit, but I'm not sure how to teach the differentiation. We actually ran out of time to really do the tire, but did get one jump each. Bailey likes doing real agility stuff.

Finally, we met as a group again and shared tricks. We showed off our shake, because it was easy and I didn't really have time to teach something new this week.

No comments: