So, last night was our orientation session at ACA. It lasted a bit longer than a hour and a half and was very interesting. The most interesting part of it all was the demo of human clicker training. I was the guinea pig! She sent me out of the room with the instructions to count to 40 and come back. The only requirement was that each time she clicked, I had to take an M&M. So I come back in and I start getting clicked and eating my M&Ms, without a clue what I'm doing that's getting the reward. So I keep guessing, and eventually get it right. :-) It was an interesting perspective though, clicker training from the dog's POV.
Three of my classmates from DGOTC are also taking the ACA class, so it should be a good time. :-)
The drive isn't too long or painful, although I suspect it will be worse when I have to leave at 5:30 for the class at 6:35 pm. The facility is great, and the best part is... NO HORSE POOP!!! I might actually be able to keep Bailey from running off to eat poo all the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment